Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Second LIfe

I dreamed last night that I had the opportunity to live a second earthly life, a chance to learn and grow in ways that I didn't the first time, a chance to correct some errors, a chance to make the seemingly mundane tasks I do more meaningful.

When I woke up I realized that because of the Atonement and the ability we have to progress, I have that opportunity. I think the dream was just a manifestation of some goals I've set for myself recently. Although I don't literally have the opportunity to return to the earth and begin a second life, I already have a new outlook on the life I'm living.

Here are a few of the things I wished I'd remembered more often the first time around:

1) Homemaking can be an art form instead of a task, if you do it in the right frame of mind.

2) The bonds between a mother and child are sacred.

3) Pride bring more heartache than almost anything and it makes you a prisoner. Swallowing your pride brings freedom, not all of the awful things you might imagine.

4) Heavenly Father is active in my life.

5) Simple expressions of love or gratitude matter.

6) "Stuff" is a burden.


p.s. Atticus Finch is my hero.

p.p.s. Here are 3 things worth almost anybody's time. Take a look:

http://www.flylady.net/pages/welcome_main.asp

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/apronevangelism.htm (read the article called Apron Evangelism)

http://princessacademies.com/

1 comment:

~Stappsters~ said...

I've really enjoyed you during the first life.

ps. I'm getting all my "stuff" done!